Terms & Conditions
- This promotional competition is organized by Hype Deals PTY LTD ( 2019/065860/07).
- In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes , sponsors or conducts the promotional competition/competitions, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organized or conducted. No director, member partner , employee, agent of , or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who is directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
- All participants must be resident in South Africa.
- Should the law or any other authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against Hype Deals PTY LTD , its directors, agents, or employees as a result of the termination. Further, Hype Deals PTY LTD reserves the right to vary , postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn , or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that Hype Deals PTY LTD deems is reasonable at the time.
- By entering the competition you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize.
- The competition is open to registered Hype Deals account holders who make a qualifying purchase as stipulated in the ‘Competition Rules’.
- In all cases, there will be 1 winner per prize stipulated.
- Prizes are not transferrable , may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
- If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
- All promotional competitions start and end dates will be announced by Hype Deals PTY LTD on its website and dedicated communication channels.
- Winners will be randomly drawn at Hype Deals PTY LTD Head Office in Rylands, Cape Town, within two weeks after closing date from eligible entrants in the presence of an independent Accountant/Auditor /Attorney. Winners will be contacted telephonically. If we cannot contact a winner after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn.
- The winner’s name and/or photo will be published on the web page and mobisites. The winner will be given the opportunity to agree or not to agree to the publication of their image.
- The decision of the competition conductor as to the winner is final and there will be no correspondence.
- To the extent that a license(e.g. driver’s license) or permission (e.g. by a parent/guardian) is required in order to accept or use a prize, the winner must produce such license or permission for inspection by Hype Deals PTY LTD prior to receiving the prize. If the winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn under the same terms and conditions.
- By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify Hype Deals PTY LTD, it’s directors, agents, employees and the promoters/sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prizes/s and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
- Hype Deals Pty LTD reserves the right to close the product pot at any time 48 hours after notice of such closure for the respective pot has been communicated via the Hype Deals website and communication channels.
- With respect to the early closure of the Automotive pot relating to Point 16, the following terms and conditions apply: 1) The prize for the automotive pot is subject to the Tier at which the pot is closed. 2) Tiers are set at various sales points as follows: Tier 0 – 200 units sold – Prize value = R100,000; Tier 1 – 500 units sold – Prize value = R200,000; Tier 2 – 750 units sold – Prize value = R300,000; Tier 3 – 1000 units sold – Prize value = R400,000; Tier 4 – 1250 units sold – Prize Value = R500,000; Tier 5 – 1500 units sold (complete pot) = R600,000; The automotive prize value is adjusted based on the Tier at which the pot is closed. The Tiering clause is only used as a best practice in the event that a pot remains stagnant for a period of more than 3 months from the date of it’s launch. Hype Deals claims no responsibility for any financial losses or claims as a result of a pot closure.
- With respect to the early closure of pots not related to the Automotive pot, relating to Point 16 , the following terms and conditions apply: 1) The prize are subject to the Tier at which the pot is closed. 2) Tiers are set at various sales points as follows: Tier 0 – 50 Units sold – Prize value = 20% of suggested prize value; Tier 1 – 100 units sold – Prize value = 40% of suggested prize value; Tier 2 – 200 units sold – Prize value = 60% of suggested prize value; Tier 3 – 250 units sold – Prize value = 80% of suggested prize value; Tier 4 – 300 units sold – Prize value = 100% of suggested prize value.
- Failure to comply with these rules and the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
Stay Up to Date with the Latest Blog Posts, Round Details and More!